Thursday, October 30, 2008

Boooooo


It sure has been a while and yet I am still just as stressed as last week. Mom coming last weekend really did help though. She got me moving.
I just have to make it till Thanksgiving without having a mental or phyiscal breakdown...and then I will be okay. Three weeks...that's what I keep telling myself it least.
Instead of paying attention in math class, because it's just plain awful, Sabrina, Brenna, Lauren, and I play with our shape blocks. We are suppose to be learning how to use these to teach fractions (for FOUR weeks), but I think we all pretty much know how to do that. So, we play. This took Brenna and I a good fifteen minutes. Fifteen minutes that I didn't have to listen to that woman talk. Well worth it...and it's pretty.
Bowen this week was busy. Busy busy busy. Or maybe I was just a bit more tired than usual? Not sure which one. Anyways, nothing out of the ordinary happened. I am starting some intervention work though with two of my students. They are on 1st and 2nd grade level reading. Very behind, poor things. They both have very committed families too. One of them really does need to be tested for special ed, the other just doesn't like to try. Although, the longer I am there the more she likes me. At the end of the day she asks if she can read with me. ....Anyways, I have to document what we do every week. If there isn't any documentation that they need to be tested it won't happen. I'm sure this will be an eye opening experience.
Tomorrow Lauren (the other methods 4th grade teacher) and I are going back to campus (on our lovely Friday morning) to work on our service project. I can't complain though...we are just helping the students make posters on bullying and then displaying them throughout the school. Fairly simple.
Normally I am not just suppppper excited about Halloween, but this year I have to say I am. I will be a bumblebee...it was the least trashy outfit I could find. It's actually pretty cute. It came with a stinger, don't ask me why, but it's one I dont plan on wearing.
The best part about this week .................... time change on Sunday. ONE extra hour of SLEEP!!!

No comments: