Sunday, October 12, 2008

Snakes and Lizerds





I made up my mystery absence on Friday. Mrs. Cade told me all the students were wondering where I was. Even students came up to me asking where I was Wednesday and if I felt better....guilt trip or what!!! Now I can never miss again.
Friday was pretty easy. The students had an award assembly in the morning so the day went by fairly quickly. At lunch the tattoo parlor closed...for good. Another parlor started up and the fights began. Bad for business the original parlor said. A fight ensued, thus foreclosure took place. None of them were very happy.
The best part of Friday was as school was letting out. The girls always come up and give me hugs, not the boys though. One boy in particular, the round black boy I wanted to draw a few weeks ago during testing, is very shy and doesnt like to be touched much (Itleast thats what Mrs. Cade says). So in the past I've made sure just to pat him on the back or give encouragement through words. But Friday afternoon as the bell was ringing, he came and hugged me. I got the biggest smile on my face. Thats when you know youre doing something worthwhile!
This weekend was very relaxed. Saturday I didnt get out of pajamas till 5...it was great. Actually I can say the same for today...its 4 p.m. and I am in pajamas. LAZY!!!
These are pictures some of the girls have drawn for me. I especially like the t-shirt drawing. Lizerds....how cute is that!! Those drawings make my day :)

No comments: